You’re likely familiar with cleanser and moisturizer. Their names are self-explanatory: cleansers cleanse, moisturizers moisturize. But what about facial mist? It could be the skin-care step you didn’t know you were missing. Here’s why you might want to add it tout suite!
Benefits of using a facial mist
Nothing feels quite as refreshing as spritzing freshly washed skin with a facial mist, but it also has a few other perks.
- Hydrating: It helps to add water to the skin for a dewier look, especially when applied before a serum or moisturizer.
- Soothing: Gentle ingredients like rose water can help soothe the skin and even minimize the look of pores and fine lines.
- Protecting: If your facial mist has antioxidants, it will provide some protection against environmental aggressors like UV light and pollution.
- Removes excess oil: If the mist has an astringent like witch hazel, it will behave like a toner to eliminate excess oil and tighten your pores. Alcohol is also an astringent, but it can dry out the skin.
- Primes skin for makeup: It will help your makeup to last throughout the day.
Should you use it every day?
Yes, you can use your facial mist every day. In fact, you can use it multiple times a day.
How to use a facial mist
Facial mists can be used at any time of day to give your face a refresh, but they’re specifically designed to be spritzed on dry skin after cleansing and before applying serums or moisturizers. You can also keep your mist in the fridge and use it to cool off on hot days, or spritz it over your moisturizer or sunscreen as a makeup primer.